Thursday, December 30, 2010

room by emma donoghue

The last time i didn't leave my house for a day and a half due to a book was when i was enthrowled in sybil. I have just spent my entire day mminus food breaks reading room, by Emma Donoghue. (and strangly just like sybil, this book scard the iving shit out of me, all the while giving me a super strong urge to hug my mom...)


"ROOM is narrated by a five-year-old called Jack, who lives in a single room with his Ma and has never been outside. Jack and Ma live in a locked room that measures eleven foot by eleven.  When he turns five, he starts to ask questions, and his mother reveals to him that there is a world outside. Told entirely in Jack’s voice, ROOM is no horror story or tearjerker, but a celebration of resilience and the love between parent and child."

No comments:

Post a Comment